So after a crazy busy week of coming home from Texas Tuesday, starting a new job Wednesday, and giving a nerve-wracking presentation yesterday there was no way I wanted to grocery shop or spend 4 hours in the kitchen making dinner. I just wanted something warm, delicious, and nutritious. Enter this lil recipe I made up on my way to the BFs house:
4 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
Skim milk (enough to cover chicken)
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 cup whole ground flaxseed meal
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Whatever seasonings you like/have I used some black pepper, red pepper, onion and parsley.
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine milk and lemon juice, let sit a few minutes (this makes a quick “buttermilk”)
3. Add chicken to milk and let it hang out covered in the fridge while you get everything else together
4. Crack egg into a bowl and whisk
5. Grab a big ziplock bag and throw your flaxseed meal, seasonings and cheese into it
6. Drain chicken and dip into egg. Let all the excess egg drip off before tossing chicken into bag. Repeat until all chicken is coated
7. Bake chicken for 15 minutes, flip each piece halfway through so you get a nice crunchy crust.
Note: I’m using the baking time from another recipe because I didn’t keep track last night. Please make sure your chicken reaches an internal temp of at least 165.
I served these on a bed of baby kale with some roasted cauliflower and a honey Dijon sauce (I just mixed some Dijon mustard with a little local honey) it was deeeelicious! Give em a try the next time you want a healthy, tasty, quick meal.